Monday, January 11, 2010

Times are changing.

For Cora's birthday I made strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing and had a pink sparkly candle. It was so much fun to make! I can hardly believe we're here. My first baby lost his first tooth and my last one is a toddler now. People say it will get easier now, as they get older. I suppose we'll see.

Cora was given a baby doll and stroller...hilarious. It was promptly commandeered by Ezra. He loves his play kitchen and cleaning supplies...and now the stroller. Josh is handling it well as I reassure him it is just a stage. I remember when Mac loved nothing better than to wear his friends sparkly, heeled dress-up shoes. And now he always plays the bad guy in the Transformer games at school. (Wow that makes him sound disturbed.)

What I really hope is that I can give my children a safe place to find themselves. That I don't try and manage their behavior so much that I take away the privilege of learning from their own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment